The SWED Telework Marketing & Recovery Fund (The Fund) is capitalized through the State of Maryland and offers working capital grants to eligible businesses that established or enhanced telework capabilities.
A work flexibility arrangement under which an employee performs the duties and responsibilities of such employee’s position, and other authorized activities, from an approved worksite other than the location from which the employee would otherwise work.
General Terms, Conditions and Eligibility
- established prior to March 9, 2020
- registered and in good standing with Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
- currently in operation
- have a physical location in Wicomico County, Maryland
- priority given to businesses that have more than five employees but not more than twenty employees
- must be for profit business (publicly traded firms are not eligible)
- have annual gross revenue of less than $5 million (gross revenue includes applicant, subsidiary, parent and / or affiliates)
- must have paid invoices that show a minimum of $3,000 in expenses for establishing or enhancing telework operations
- Eligible uses
- Expenses incurred to establish or expand telework capabilities between the period of March 2020 and November 2021
How grant amounts are determined
Due to State of Maryland funding limitations, we plan to fund not more than twenty-five (25) applicants that have established or enhanced telework opportunities. Grant amounts are targeted at $3,000 and may be used solely for telework initiatives. Final grant amounts will be determined based upon the number of approved applications. Priority will be given to businesses that have not received previous funding from the Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan or Grant Fund, a grant from the Department of Labor for the purchase of equipment to assist in the expansion of telework opportunities or any other grant program from federal, state or local sources. The application period begins by 9 am on September 28, 2021 and closes on October 1, 2021.