The Application Period is Now Closed.
The SWED Restaurant Marketing & Recovery Grant Fund (The Fund) is capitalized through the State of Maryland and offers financial assistance through working capital grants targeted at $2,500 to promote and encourage further stabilization within the restaurant industry.
Certain Food & Beverage providers in Wicomico County, Maryland that are primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System, would be included in codes 722320 (Caterers), 7224 (Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages) or 7225 (Restaurants and Other Eating Places)
- has an active 2020-2021 Wicomico County Health Department License
- be in good standing with the State of Maryland and Wicomico County and have a Maryland Department Identification Number with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT)
- demonstrate need for assistance
- Non-restaurant businesses
- Restaurants not currently open / operating
- Publicly traded restaurant establishments
- Membership based establishments that do not allow unrestricted public access to food or beverage service
Targeted Grant Amounts:
- $2,500 per application. Priority is given to those restaurants that did not receive State of Maryland funding through the Maryland COVID-19 Small Business Emergency Loan or Grant Program or through the SWED Restaurant Relief Grant Fund or any other grant program from federal, state or local sources.
(expenses incurred or to be incurred from 1/1/2021 – 06/30/2021):
- Any form of Marketing purpose
- If unable to use for marketing purposes, grants may be used for general operational purposes not covered by any other grant program including payroll, rent, utilities or any other COVID-19 related expenses