The application period is now closed.
The SWED Hotel & Lodging Marketing & Recovery Grant Fund (The Fund) is capitalized through the State of Maryland and offers working capital grants targeted at $6,000 to eligible accommodation providers primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System, would be included in Code 721110 (Hotels (except Casino Hotels) and Motels) or Code 721191 (Bed-and-Breakfast Inns).
General Terms, Conditions and Eligibility
- For profit accommodations providers that are subject to the Maryland sales and use tax and Wicomico accommodations (room) tax
- Must be in good standing with Wicomico County, the municipality in which the establishment is located and the State of Maryland and have a Maryland Department of Assessment and Taxation ID Number
- Demonstrate a need for assistance
- If a franchised location, must be owned by a Maryland franchisee
- Marketing and advertising expenses
- Normal operating costs (payroll, utilities, rent, job training)
- Purchase of PPE, sanitation services or other COVID-19 related costs
How grant amounts are determined
Targeted grant amounts are $6,000 per application and priority is given to those hotel and lodging establishments that did not receive State of Maryland funding through the Maryland COVID-19 Small Business Emergency Loan or Grant Program, the SWED Hotel & Lodging Relief Grant Fund or any other federal, state or local source.