The Application Period is Now Closed.
The SWED Online Sales & Marketing Fund (The Fund) is capitalized through the State of Maryland and offers working capital grants to eligible businesses that seek to transition to an online sales platform, enhance its existing platform or enhance telecommuting capabilities.
General Terms, Conditions and Eligibility
- established prior to March 9, 2020
- be registered and in good standing with the State of Maryland, Department of Assessments and Taxation
- have a physical location in Wicomico County, Maryland
- currently open and in operation
- only one person working for the business
- must file a Schedule C tax form
- be a for profit business
- less than $30,000 in annual revenue as indicated on Line 1 of Schedule C
- Eligible uses
- Expenses incurred or to be incurred to establish or expand online sales and/or enhance telecommuting capabilities during COVID (after March 9, 2020 and before December 30, 2021).
How grant amounts are determined
Due to State of Maryland funding limitations, we anticipate funding not more than sixteen (16) applications that seek to transition to an online sales platform, enhance its existing platform or further enhance telecommuting capabilities. Grant amounts are targeted at $500 and may be used solely to establish or expand online sales or to enhance telecommuting capabilities. Priority will be given to applicants that have not received previous funding from the Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan or Grant Fund or any other federal, state or local grant program.